My shipment of La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 and COSRX Centella Blemish cream has come in. I've used both and my skin seems to like them very much for now. I definitely think it contributed to my nice skin texture and feeling this morning.
However, I have taken to washing my face in the morning again with my no frills vanicream cleanser because I used the COSRX Centella Blemish Cream last night which I noticed contains zinc oxide which is one of the major sunscreen components in physical sunscreens. I believe some people are prone to break outs with this ingredient.
I honestly may just switch back to cleansing in the morning. I'm suspicious that the Stratia Liquid Gold may be breaking me out, not necessarily because I am allergic to it but I may be leaving the ingredients too long on my face without having a more thorough cleanse in the morning. Not sure.
I will most likely try to reintroduce it into my skincare routine because these products are both very good products ingredient wise.
Another thing I am most likely going to start doing again is double cleansing. I've stopped regularly double cleansing because I haven't been wearing sunscreens at home and usually my regular cleanser should be enough to take off the day but we've all my recent closed comedones popping up, I've decided to return to double cleansing.
I've got a bit of Garnier Micellar Cleasing Water left which I'd bought for ease of use when I travel to Billy's and don't want to lug all my skincare there but I'd stopped purchasing cleansing oil months ago because I felt like I just didn't need it at the time.
I'd also been hoping to try out new cleansing balms, namely, the one from Versed & Then I Met You. But I haven't been brave enough to make the leap yet because it's more of a luxurious splurge and I just have other things I'd prefer to focus on right now - like looking for my Holy Grail moisturizer.
Truth be told, I have found some moisturizers that truly do work for me and I'd consider gold status, namely :
- DrJart+ Ceramidin Cream
- DrJart+ Cicapair Cream
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag mask
My issue with this is that they are very pricey. But also there's just a whole list of products I want to try.
As a dry/dehydrated girl, its almost my mission in life to find that comfort of a thick luxurious cream.
I came very close to buying a full sized jet lag mask the yesterday but I told myself that I needed to chill and use up my current skincare products.
Products I'm currently running out of:
- Primera Miracle Seed Essence
- Laneige Cream Skin
- DrJart+ Cicapair Cream
I would gladly recommend all of these but I will not be repurchasing them soon, save for the Laneige Cream Skin which is truly a magical experience. I have read that people with oily skin do not love it too much but this product is so elegantly formulated.
This product is one of my lightweight travel products and I've found that I can forego moisturizers when I layer up on this product. I love, 10/10.
I could go on and on about skincare products, but I'll save it for another day. I need to put out the flame of skincare desires before I start buying more skincare.
Until next time,
xx, char.
No comments:
Post a Comment