It is the year 2020- non-essential personnel are confined to their homes.
I have not succumbed to downloading TikTok nor attempted to make dalgona coffee (I may attempt to make a matcha one later).
I wake up at 7:30AM after a less than ideal slumber and snooze until 8:30AM where it is time for work. I roll out of bed, plop myself onto my desk chair and log on to work.
| My cat looks for an empty spot to climb onto |
Usually my desk is cluttered with skincare but I've since cleared out the area for work items and made a little skincare nook in the corner of my room. On my desk now sits my very old laptop attached to a monitor that I'd lugged home from work. I was absolutely laughed at by everyone on my floor for bringing it home. WELL WHO IS LAUGHING NOW.
After logging in, I do my morning essentials:-
- Wash my face with and brush my teeth
- Drink something
- Skincare (Rehydrate the skin, Moisturise, Sunscreen)
I should wake up early enough to do a morning stretch or something, I'm working on it. It's hard enough on an average day to be able to fit in my full skincare routine before running out the door and getting to work.
I have team meetings everyday at 9:30AM, so I don't anything too serious before getting on the conference call - I answer emails, I send emails, I update my daily work items, blah blah blah, work stuff. The team meetings are not particularly fruitful for me as my department is Sales Operations and the meetings are for Manufacturing and Sales Operations to sync up. As I'm essentially Sales Operation's personal IT guy, I don't actually partake in the business talk. However, it's been a useful bird's eye view into the current conditions in the world. Did you know there's a shortage of hard drives in the world since the coronavirus outbreak? You could probably deduce that seeing as there is literally a worldwide shortage on EVERYTHING.
Maybe not cam girls though- apparently, that business is booming right now since all the horny people in the world are free to do nasty things in the confines of their homes at all times of the day now. This information was procured from Matt, my good friend who has the same job title as me and does all the same things as me except he, hilariously, works in the porno industry.
For most of the work hours I am doing web developer things, until I am hungry and go outside- an unusual nickname for the living space beyond my room (i.e. the kitchen, living room, etc.) that I've always used from just habitually not leaving my room.
![]() |
| A variation of my lunch and dinner every other day |
I cook myself a meal of chicken breasts, salad and beans. Then I do more web developer things till the end of the work day which for me is 5:30 PM.
This is where it starts to get wild.
In exchange for making myself dinner, then, doing my workout, I throw caution to the wind and take a 3 hour nap.
I wake up and it is 9-ish PM. I look for my phone in the dark and wonder who I shall sleepily announce my awoken state to.
In order, I FaceTime consecutively: my brother in Jersey City, my mother in the living room and my boyfriend in Flushing.
It is around 10PM when I decide to make and eat dinner, then head off to luxuriate in my shower:
- I wash my hair and let it soak up in conditioner for 10 minutes.
- I put on a clay mask during those 10 minutes.
- I also shave all the areas within those 10 minutes.
- I'm sure some singing also occurs somewhere within those 10 minutes.
Then it is my favourite part of the day: night time skincare:
My time skincare is nonstandard and the products I use and in what order are specifically chosen by me on a need to need basis. Today after doing some more physical exfoliation with the clay mask, I opted for a rehydrating sheet mask.
I'm a sheet mask hoarder no doubt but the one I used today was included as a freebie from Jolse in one of my order shipments:
It feels very similar to the Innisfree masks and is a little too fragrances and sticky for my tastes. I'm going a bit light on skincare today because my face is irritated from something. You can see it on the right side of the picture on my face that there's a bit of a raised discolouration. Fragrance is usually a culprit or it could just be the cheap clay mask with fragrance I was trying to use up.
Question: Is it worth it to just use up cheap skincare at the expense of my skin cause you don't want to waste it? Susan Yara often says she uses products that don't work on her face on the rest of her body - like having a nice foot spa.
I follow up with a spriatz from Caudalie's grape water, Dr Jart's cicapair serum, and Stratia Liquid Gold. The theme today is calm and nourish with the caudalie's grape water and Cica for calming and ceramides from liquid gold for nourishing.
Now to heal my soul, I finish up the day with some one on one time with Billy as we watch Castlevania in bed.
Until tomorrow,
xx, char.

No comments:
Post a Comment