Quick Dalgona Matcha Kitchen Adventures:
- Boil 1 tbsp of water and 1 tbsp sugar (I used monk fruit sugar because I'm about that 0 cal life, bruh) together, let it thicken into a syrup (more liquid that viscous works pretty well).
- While that jazz is going on, get 1 egg, separate the yolk from the whites. Pop the white into a bowl and whisk. I used my trusty kitchen aid stand whisk. Whisk on highest setting till stiff peaks.
- Continue to whisk as you slowly pour the syrup in, you can choose to slowly dump the 1 tbsp matcha in there too. I also added 1 sploosh of vanilla in there.
- Fill a glass halfway with milk of choice.
- Scoop the matcha cream into a piping bag (or a grocery store fruit bag), clip off one end and pipe on top of the milk, it should float.
- Sprinkle with matcha for some extra fancy vibes.
Notes:
While egg whites are quite normal in various drinks (think Starbucks' cloud foam & eggnog) but I don't think it sits super well with my stomach, either that or it's because I used whole milk and I'm quite lactose intolerant. I'd switch it out for aquafaba and unsweetened almond milk, maybe. I only used egg because it's much more accessible. I'm not vegan, I don't have chickpeas juices just lying around my house and I'm not leaving my house because social distancing.
I should think about purchasing lactaid pills but honestly, I don't consume enough dairy to even think about it. I'm pretty much all about nut juices now.
I don't know if you've noticed by now, but I really enjoy matcha and teas in general. I'm a bit of a tea hoarder. I don't often visit Starbucks but my go-to is almond milk matcha Frappuccino, no whipped cream. My homemade alternative is a matcha latte though,
- 1 tbsp matcha, 1 tbsp monk fruit sugar, sploosh of vanilla, 1.5 cup unsweetened almond milk - whisk till it all comes together.
If you add ice and get it going in the blender, you've got a Frappuccino. My favourite part of this drink is that its under 50 calories. Monk fruit sugar really is my secret power to low calorie everything. Pity its absurdly expensive ($14 for 800g) - it's worth it though.
Until tomorrow,
xx, char.


No comments:
Post a Comment