Home  //  twitter //  RETOLD  //  TO READ

Friday, April 3, 2020

Chatty Quarantine Mornings 3

Another day, another matcha latte. I'm wondering whether I should invest in a green tea whisk? I use a regular whisk but I've got lumps in my latte. I'm not a fan of single-purposed items but if I use enough then... maybe.

I've come to the conclusion that my body hates me, or just enjoys vexing me. It is currently a day before my birthday and it decided that last night is the appropriate time to begin having vertigo. I write this to you as I am nauseated, hopped up on anti-motion sickness drugs and having a cotton ball brain.

I am undiagnosed but I'm fairly certain that I have BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo). I remember the first time I had it was about slightly over a year ago. The room was spinning and I was vomiting with every movement I made. I eventually ended up in the ER and had an MRI of my brain done to make sure I wasn't having any tumours or such. The doctors couldn't find anything and I was just treated for dehydration because I'd vomited so much. My primary physician and the ER nurse did tell me that I should keep a stash of Dramamine (motion sickness drug) at home to help with the dizziness.

Mum thinks I'd "contracted" vertigo because I'm on the computer too much. I'm not sure if she's wrong.


-- I had to stop writing this because I fell too sick. I'd ended up vomiting three times, since. The good news is that it is currently the next day, and I'm all or mostly better because I had religiously done the epley maneuver consecutively about 6 times on both sides of my ears. The first time I did it, I threw up because the spinning was too intense but it subsided around the third time. Even though, I have the maneuver memorized by now, I still keep the steps stuck on post its to my desk if I ever need it.

Vertigo is no joke, guys.

Stay safe,
xx, char.

No comments:

Post a Comment